24. Research Project: “As Above So Below”
Revised and finalised research project questions:
Research Project: “As Above So Below”
Domain: Installation & Photography
Mission Statement: To create a body of artwork that reflects and embodies a connection to divinity or prime creator, via the integration of Earthly environments in correlation to the Pleiades star cluster; a collection of artworks that seek to provoke a connection to the divine in my daily life.
- How can I best manifest a collection of artworks that embody our Earthly connection to the stars? In particular the Pleiades/Matariki.
- What are examples of different cultural connections to the Pleiades, past present, future?
- How can sculptures of the Pleiades be used to reconnect to a ritual art practice/spiritual reconnection in a present context?
- In what ways can a ritual connection to the Pleiades be actualised without reappropriating cultural symbology or ritual process, but at the same time respect and honour ancient ritual and process?
- Is it possible to manifest artworks that align with the Pleiades star cluster in correlation with Taylors Mistake, Banks Peninsular, Canterbury; utilising Taylors as the primary site for my research project.